Are you living your most ideal life? This episode explains how to uncover your cloud nine life and to live as the most successful version of yourself.
How to Live a Cloud Nine Life:
What inspired you to write your book?
I was watching football with my friends and competing in fantasy football. Later in the day, we got into deeper conversations about life and meaning. On the way home I saw a boat and the name was “Cloud Nine”. My uber drivers’ responses became the foundation for my book “The Journey to Cloud Nine”. He said that the reason why he felt like he was on cloud nine was because of a decision that he made. It wasn’t because of any person or situation. Cloud Nine happens in people’s lives when they follow their own compass and not the path that society says that you should take.
Cloud Nine Life doesn’t always mean that you’re happy, you have to experience sadness and adversity in order to feel the extreme euphoria of a cloud nine life. 🌈
“Rough days are what paves the way for good days” (Click here to read the secret to being happier in life and business)
If you focus on these 9 clouds, you can always be cognizant of living your cloud nine life.
Nine Clouds for Uncovering Your Cloud Nine Life:
1. Play – we need to have a release and have something that we really enjoy. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing” – George Bernard Shaw. Play as often as you can!
2. Comradery – these clouds all include other people; you cannot have a cloud nine life without having great relationships in your life.
3. Love – this one is huge! This is your momentous occasion like a proposal, wedding day or the birth of a child. 🤟
4. Responsibility – having something that is greater than yourself to call your own and take care of. This can include a company or a hobby like gardening. You are cultivating something.
5. Benevolence – Giving and serving others. There is no I in dream, so in order for you to live the life of your dreams you need to focus on people!
6. True Calling – Don’t just go through the motions in life. Find your ultimate life purpose and run after it.
7. Empathy – What can you do to give back to the most important people in your lives? (ex. parents and siblings.)
8. The big realization – Moments where you are on top of the world and truly feel like you are on cloud nine. 💡 This realization comes with self-practice to realize that you are in that moment and not just seeing it in hindsight.
9. The resurgence – Realizing it is never too late to change. Ultimately having the presence in mind to say it’s not too late, I’m going to make that change.
Write things down during the day and at the end of the day reflect on the cloud nine moments from that day.
“Confront the past. Re-define the future.”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Which of the 9 points mentioned in this episode is your strongest?